Friday, November 2, 2007

"By the River Baptized"

24" x 24"
I finally photographed the abstract that I finished last week. This was palette knife work on top of a piece of heavy grooved fiberous paper mounted on canvas. There is a little red in with the white and a little yellow ochre showing through the blue in places. It is very simple and very complex at the same time....probably hard to tell from the photograph. I wasn't sure if people would like this one, but most people that have seen it have really responded to it with positive comments. I see a lot of figures by the river who have assembled to be batized. Well, it is Friday night and I have gessoed and textured a 24" x 30" and a 30" x 30"....I am excited about how the texture looks so I am looking forward to seeing how the painting will go once the gesso is dry. I have also picked up some old canvases and painted over them and like the results. For some reason, Friday nights are really good for creating art in my studio!

No comments: