Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last Minute Effort for SCWS Entry

"Abstracting the Respite of My Childhood"
Acrylic on Canvas - 18" x 18"
I let the entry for the annual South Carolina Watermedia Society sneak up on me...I should have been paying more attention about this opportunity. Thanks to a friend, non other than Randy Hanna at City Art, I was reminded that I should enter this annual competition. Well, the deadline for mailing the CD with image and the forms is TODAY. So, last night I did this painting, photographed it this morning, and got my entry to the post office before it closed. This is my first entry for this show, so we will see how it goes. I will not learn of the jury result until late August. If accepted, it will be featured in the show in September in Rock Hill. If it doesn't jury in, there are other options...perhaps the upcoming SC State Fair. We'll see. I know some well known artists that have been rejected for this show, so I will hope for the best!

No comments: