Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A good sign

... visually and literally. The pop up gallery presented by Michael Mitchell Interiors during Spoleto from May 13 – June 13 is becoming a permanent fixture on King Street in Charleston. The new awning along the storefront was installed this week, and Michael’s Facebook friends could easily see his excitement about the new addition to the building…the photo is his new profile picture and I “stole” it to post here. As you know, Michael is representing my art in the gallery. I have yet to make the trip to Charleston but there are currently 11 originals in the gallery thanks to the postal service and Alicia Leeke, a fellow artist and neighbor, who graciously transported the larger paintings for me. I will soon get there to see for myself and meet Michael in person (you would think a College of Charleston graduate from 1986 would make it to Charleston more than he does, but Charleston – like his undergraduate years – seems a world away although it is a short drive from Columbia)! Anyway, I can tell from my interaction with Michael on the phone and electronic correspondence, that he is greatly passionate about what he does and he believes in his artists, friends and family and takes a refreshing team approach in the way he conducts his business. If you are in Charleston, please stop by and visit this destination shop at 438 King Street. I am happy to have his support, and I will return that support to him by helping promote his business. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Saturday from 11:00 – 6:00 and by appointment. Gallery phone is (843) 564-0034 and a website is in development to show off his interior design skills (published in four magazines) and the gallery. Other artists showing at this location include Toni Elkins, Bonnie Goldberg, Alicia Leeke, Darlett Stone, Ed Shmunes, Esther Melton, Elena Madden, Debbie Martin, John K. Crum and many others!

No comments: